Dave Anderson is a bass player with over thirty years' experience performing and recording in a wide range of genres. His credits span a range of world class artists in jazz, R&B, pop, folk rock, fusion, world music, and more. His recent work includes associations with Bill Evans, Nelson Rangell, Jeff Kashiwa, Steve Cole, Bob Baldwin, Marion Meadows, Marc Antoine, Chieli Minucci & Special EFX, Smokey Robinson, and others. Past credits include Art Garfunkel, Blood Sweat & Tears, Michael McDonald, Donna Summer, James Ingram, and numerous others. For more information, please follow the appropriate links from the menus above. You can stay in the loop and get info on appearances by checking the performances page and joining him on facebook. If you're an artist, producer, studio owner, contractor, or fellow musician you can contact Dave here, and peruse the audio and video pages for examples of his work.
•Dave's part of the house band once again at Jay Rowe's 17th annual Smooth Jazz For Scholars concerts in Milford CT. Artists include Brian Simpson, Nick Colionne, Steve Oliver, Chieli Minucci, Marion Meadows, Jessy J, and Eric Darius.
• Dave's been the go-to guy for years for the best guitar players around, and the trend continues with Tony DePaolo, Burr Johnson, and Matt Finck's Fat Mink. Check the schedule for info on upcoming appearances.
• Dave's got several great regular gigs in NY and CT that are well worth a trip to pop in. Timmy Maia's Vinyl Music Mondays at The Tipping Chair in Milldale CT features a stellar band that focuses on the great pop/R&B of the Eighties – Stevie Wonder, Toto, Al Jarreau, and more. Tim Veeder leads an fantastic quartet playing great modern acoustic jazz and standards at Anthony's in White Plains NY, featuring the astonishing NY pianist Enrique Haneine. And keep your eyes peeled on the performances page for gigs at Dogwood and Quinn's in Beacon NY with Tony DePaolo too...
•Dave worked with over fifty different artists, bands, producers, and offices in 2018! He'd like to thank everyone who helped make it another busy year and kept him at the top of their call lists.
•Dave appears once again in the house band for the 2018 Long Island Music Hall of Fame awards show, performing with the legendary songwriter Jimmy Webb and others.
•One of Dave's 2018 discography releases, Thomasina's Parallel Universe, featuring David Darling, wins a Silver Medal Global Music Award.
•Dave appears with Bob Baldwin and Lori Williams at the Riviera Maya Jazz Fest in Playa Del Carmen Mexico.
• A busy summer as Dave appears with Bob Baldwin, Jeff Kashiwa, Bernie Williams, Chieli Minucci, Andy Snitzer, Reelin' In The Years, Jay Prince & Friends, Tony DePaolo, Neil Alexander, Matt Finck, Joey Berkley, Rob Tardik and other great bands and artists. Check the performances page for details.
• Dave performs again as part of the house band for Jay Rowe's 16th annual Smooth Jazz For Scholars concert to benefit the Milford CT public school music programs. This year's featured artists include David Benoit, Marc Antoine, Marion Meadows, Jessy J, Nelson Rangell, Matt Marshak and Paul Taylor. More info from the New Haven Register article and Jay's site.
• Dave's exciting new bass-and-voice duo project with Laura Volpintesta will kick off at Note in Bethel CT April 10. Check back for more info and a new page here.
• Dave's co-led electronic improvisational group with Tyger MacNeal and Don Harris, The New Dinosaurs, will be appearing March 27 as part of the Arts & Culture Collaborative's Kaleidoscope arts networking event, featuring a multimedia performance with a dance troupe from the Brass City Ballet and live visual artist. More info on the ACC website here, and an article in Voices here.
• Dave appeared in March at NY's Café Carlyle as part of Latin jazz guitarist Bernie William's week-long engagement. Reviews: Theaterpizzazz; The Citiview; Screenpicks .
• Dave's appearing with drum legend Jerry Marotta's group Reelin' In The Years, performing the music of Steely Dan. Check the performances page for details.
• Dave's recording new songs at Peaceful Waters studio for Bob Baldwin's upcoming CD along with drummer Tony Lewis.
• Session for Steve Sechi at Joel Rosenblatt's Cliff Sound for an upcoming bass/drums groove library.
• NY area performances with Bob Baldwin to support his latest releases with drummers Tony Lewis and Tony Cintron, percussionist Café, and guitarist Rohn Lawrence.
• Dave will be launching a new page here soon: The Flying Squirrel Vault! The Vault will offer unreleased recordings featuring Dave with an array of creative collaborators from sessions at Flying Squirrel studio in New Fairfield CT from 2000 to the present.
• The Jones Factor, John Fumasoli's ten piece jazz/fusion big band, has been tracking at Jason Polise's studio, Stamford Recording. Material from those sessions and from Dave's Flying Squirrel studio is being edited and mixed by Dave for the group's upcoming release.
• The New Dinosaurs, Dave's co-led power trio with trumpeter Don Harris and drummer Tyger MacNeal, will be gearing up for new recording and performances this fall. Watch for a dedicated page here, along with audio and video.
• Special EFX featuring Chieli Minucci, Nelson Rangell and Lao Tizer will perform several dates in May, with Dave on fretless bass.
• Dave heads to Australia with the Bill Evans Band, along with Dean Brown and Poogie Bell, for a week at Melbourne's Bird's Basement.
• The Bill Evans Band performs at the Rochester Jazz Fest in June, with special guests Dean Brown and Keith Carlock.
• The Bill Evans Band performs in August at the Energy Expo 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan on a festival bill including Billy Cobham, Lee Ritenour and Marcus Miller.
• Dave's gearing up for a busy summer with a number of artists he performs with regularly, as well as some exciting new faces. Upcoming shows include Smokey Robinson, Smooth Jazz for Scholars, Special EFX, Chris Geith, The Colbys, Bill Evans, Bernie Williams, Burr Johnson, and more. He's also at work on soon-to-be-released projects at Flying Squirrel Studio in New Fairfield CT. Check the performances page for updates as appearances are confirmed.
• Dave will be appearing with Marion Meadows at his annual Christmas show at Toad's Place in New Haven CT. Dave toured the US with Marion in 1994 as a member of his touring band and has appeared on several recordings with him, including Body Rhythm, The Carols of Christmas and Winter's Solstice VI.
• Dave will be performing at the Riviera Jazz Festival in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico with the Bill Evans Band – and then off with Bill to Beijing China to perform at the Blue Note.
• Dave will once again be part of the house band for the LI Music Hall of Fame awards show at The Space in Westbury LI. Featured artists Dave will perform with include Steve Vai, David Johansen, Garland Jefferys, Vince Giordano, Johnny Farina, and others.
•The Bill Evans Band will be in Europe for their third tour there this year with dates in Greece, Germany and Austria, followed by concerts in Mexico and China. Check the performances page and Bill's site for details.
•Dave's reuniting with jazz/fusion guitar legend Tony Purrone for several upcoming dates. Dave performed with Tony's trio from 1990-2008 and appeared on several of his recordings from that period, including his debut solo album Electric Poetry, featuring Bob Mintzer and Ray Marchica.
• Dave's busy this month in the studio writing and recording for his collaborative project The New Dinosaurs, with Don Harris and Tyger MacNeal, as well as wrapping up the newest Jones Factor recordings, all in-between live shows with Smokey Robinson, Bob Baldwin, and more.
• Dave would like to acknowledge, with sadness, the unexpected passing of fellow bassist Eric Udel. Eric was a busy and respected player on the NY scene for many years, and had toured most recently with the Original Blues Brothers Band.
• The Bill Evans Band, with Bryan Baker and Joel Rosenblatt, will be back in Europe in August for CD release shows to support Bill's latest release Rise Above. Check Bill's site for updates as dates are announced.
• July will be a smooth jazz-filled month as Dave performs concerts with several great artists including Steve Cole, Brian Simpson, the Sax Pack, and a double bill with Marc Antoine and Nelson Rangell. See the performances page for details.
• Klyde Jones, bassist and vocalist with Hall & Oates, will return to Daryl's Place in Pawling NY June 12 to present his original music. Klyde hands bass duties to Dave as he fronts the band on vocals and guitar.
• Bill Evans' new disc, Rise Above, is being released this month, and features Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, JJ Grey, Mike Stern, Murali Coryell and many other greats, along with Bill's touring band. Dave is featured on nine of the album's ten tracks. Visit iTunes or Amazon to purchase.
• Dave appears on saxophonist Matt Criscuolo's newest release, The Dialogue, featuring guitarist Tony Purrone and drummer Will Calhoun. Downbeat gave the disc three and a half stars, commenting that "Electric bassist Dave Anderson is an ideal match, locking into fat grooves when needed and intuitively navigating the free numbers with poise..."
• Dave will be performing several concerts this month with Motown legend Smokey Robinson. See the performances page for details.
• The Jones Factor, a ten piece jazz/fusion ensemble led by trombonist John Fumisoli, is currently recording their upcoming album at Dave's Flying Squirrel studio in New Fairfield CT. Dave has performed and recorded with the group since 1988.
• The Hollywood All-Stars will present their "Hot Fun in the Summertime" show to kick off the season, May 26 at the Bijou Theatre in Bridgeport CT.
• The Bill Evans Band will be in Europe April 2016 for the "Rise Above" tour, presented by Sgent Nation. Watch the promo clip here. For a list of dates and venues, check Bill's site and my performances page. Watch for Bill's new disc, Rise Above, to be released soon, featuring Greg Allman, Warren Haynes, JJ Grey, and other top jazz/jam stars.
• Dave will perform with the house band at Jay Rowe's 14th annual Smooth Jazz for Scholars benefit concert Apr 29/30.